A rule allows you to react to a subset of one type of Megamify events in real time.
A quick glossary of relevant terms:
- Megastream: The group of features that make up the Megastream Event pipeline.
- A Megamify Event is a JSON-formatted string describing an event about a Player or Title.
- Rule: Performs extra logic in response to one type of Megamify Event in real time.
- The sum of: One Event Trigger, an optional list of Conditions, and an optional list of Actions.
- Trigger: The name of the Event which activates this Rule.
- Condition: A content filter for Rules and other Megamify features.
- Performs a very lightweight evaluation of the Megamify event JSON object, and skips events that don’t match requirements.
- Action: The contextual work to be done on the appropriate entity.
A rule consists of exactly one Trigger, an optional list of Conditions, and typically at least one Action (not required, but quite useless without it).